List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: Should we make it easier and encourage bug reports to be send to distributions
From:       Sandro =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Knau=DF?= <sknauss () kde ! org>
Date:       2016-02-09 19:12:24

Hey,

> What could we done to improve this?

I think the ideal way to do this, is to create a bug report at the distros
bugtracker. This is way all distros want to get this kind of input and can
handle it accordingly. Yes I know using others bugtracker is a pain in the
ass, but maybe we can create a script to make this easy like hell.
For debian the whole bugtracking can be controlled by mail, so that should be
easy. bugzilla has a api to controll it...

> * send a mail to release-team when we notice something like that?
should work but mails are often overseen and not the common way to report thse
kind of things.

> * add a README.packagers?
this is read f it part of the tar ball, but normally the problems will be seen
after the release, and changing the tarball is not a good practice, because
all hashsums changes.

Regards,

sandro