List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: KDE Frameworks Release Cycle
From:       Raymond Wooninck <tittiatcoke () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-04-30 11:44:50

On Wednesday 30 April 2014 12:26:14 =C0lex Fiestas wrote:
> Here you have the link to the release that released with an almost "out of
> support" version:
> https://en.opensuse.org/Archive:Features_12.2#KDE_Plasma_Workspaces
> =

> As you can see, the link shows the features of OpenSuse 12.2 featuring
> 4.8.4, our last 4.8.X release was 4.8.5.

openSUSE 12.2 didn't came with maintenance updates, so the target was there=
 to =

get the latest possible KDE release in. Based on the timing that was 4.8.4. =

But a lot changed since 12.2. Now we have a shorter release cycle for the =

openSUSE releases and also we provide maintenance updates. =

> So, you will not simply update to 4.14.X but instead do cherry-picking of
> the bug fixes? Because that would be the same with Frameworks.

You got that one wrong :)  We push the 4.14.x release as a full maintenance =

update. So if 13.2 is shipped with 4.14.0, then 4.14.1 is pushed as =

maintenance update as soon as it becomes available.  This is no longer =

possible with Frameworks. =

> The difference is that you will do proper testing with all the QA in place
> on each distros, we don't have such thing "upstream" beyond the tests.

But we would be doing QA on "older" KF5 releases and not at something for =

which we would still receive bugfixes. =