List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: KDE SC 4.11 Release Schedule
From:       Christian Mollekopf <chrigi_1 () fastmail ! fm>
Date:       2013-01-21 21:08:14

On Monday 21 January 2013 21.52:48 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El Dilluns, 21 de gener de 2013, a les 20:36:48, Christian Mollekopf va
> =

> escriure:
in va
> > > I actually had a look into two of the three failing tests and wanted =
> > > fix
> > > them. But did not understand the foreign code base good enough to
> > > investigate it properly. So I don't know whether this is an expected
> > > fail
> > > (given the commit message which introduced the tests which are failin=
g I
> > > doubt it) or not. Those two are at least failing since I started look=
ing
> > > at
> > > build.kde.org. Probably nobody cares :-(
> > > =

> > > For the third test I informed the maintainer that it started to fail.
> > =

> > I think for those cases we would just need some KKNOWN_BROKEN_TEST or
> > so...
> =

> Isn't that what QEXPECT_FAIL is for?
> =

Yes, sorry. I had something like a non-existing EXPECT_ASSERT in mind. =

QEXPECT_FAIL has the same semantics as the proposed KKNOWN_BROKEN_TEST, so =
all =

one would have to do in Martin's case would be;
* contact the maintainer
* if the maintainer doesn't answer, mark as broken using QEXPECT_FAIL so th=
e =

next dev doesn't run into the same problem

If the maintainer just was too slow to respond, no harm is done as he can =

simply fix the test and remove the QEXPECT_FAIL.

Cheers,
Christian