List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: Application version numbers, SC version numbers and FIXED-IN
From:       Aurélien_Gâteau <agateau () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-12-29 17:22:16

Le Thursday 27 December 2012 16:16:55 Allen Winter a =E9crit :

> > We could get rid of the notion of Gwenview version numbers and just use
> > KDE SC version numbers, but I don't think this would work for example f=
or
> > KMail.
> For the record, most kdepim apps use the same version number as KDE SC.
> Including KMail2, KOrganizer, Akregator, KAddressbook...

Oh. I remember KMail1 used a 1.something version number, am I wrong? I gues=
s =

you changed it with KMail2.

> > Is there an established policy for this?
> =

> Not to my knowledge.
> =

> > Should we use KDE SC version numbers in the FIXED-IN field?
> =

> Good question.
> =

> The definition of "Version Fixed In" is "A custom Free Text field in this
> installation of KDE Bugtracking System." Therefore, you could put the KDE
> SC version *and* the Gwenview version both.

That sounds too complicated and easy to get wrong. The easiest solution is =

probably for Gwenview 2.10.0 to become 4.10.0. Any objection to me bumping =
the =

version before 4.10rc2 tagging freeze?

Aur=E9lien