List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: Decibel in review
From:       "George Goldberg" <grundleborg () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2008-06-04 12:31:00

Hi,
> Since my request on k-c-d to the developers to either move it to playground or \
> announce it at k-c-d for inclusion is ignored. I wonder if it is ok if I move it \
> back to playground myself. Opinions?

I've just finished making a series of quite substantial commits to
decibel which solve the issue of where it fits into the KDE modules.

I have split decibel into two parts

 - the core of decibel, (in the subdirectory "decibel") which contains
the daemon, client libs, and basic plugins/demos etc. This is all Qt
only. It doesn't depend on any part of KDE. (This allows people to use
it outside a KDE envirnoment, e.g. on a Qtopia device).

- "decibel-kde", which contains addons and plugins to provide an
integration with KDE.

I have moved decibel-kde to playground/network, where I will develop
it during Summer of Code and it will be ready for inclusion in KDE
4.2.
The "decibel" core part should be moved to kdesupport. As far as I am
concerned it is ready for review now (or moving straight there if
review is not necessary.)

Tobias, would you agree with that?

thanks

George Goldberg