List:       kde-release-team
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE 4 beta 4 :D
From:       "Christian Ehrlicher" <Ch.Ehrlicher () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-10-29 12:48:18

> Von: "Sebastian Kügler"
> On Sunday 28 October 2007 22:23:12 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> > I've been rather late this time, but I've started the Beta 4 article -
> > if anyone else has done the same, please tell me and let's work
> > together!
> >
> > I won't be able to spend much time on it, so I need input from others.
> >
> > - first, something about Plasma (Aaron, others?)
> > - secondly, some other improvements in KDE. Preferably short text, with
> > links.
> >
> > I've written the 'intro' , 'outro' and skeleton, but the part in
> > between I won't have much time for. There doesn't have to be much, but
> > everything helps... For example, having a piece about the current list
> > of showstoppers and their status would rock.
> > ( http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.0_Release_Beta_Goals )
> > that one won't be very hard, just email those mentioned on the page
> > and ask them about the status and plans, and write something about it
> > - try to be positive, and don't worry about wording and such, we can
> > all help to improve it if that's needed.
>
> > The current working version is attached, feel free to comment and send
> > additions.
>
> What's there looks rather good. With some boilerplate and a screenshot,
> it's
> OK. We're not supposed to make huge changes, so let's not show those. I
> think
> we should now be rather silently fixing bugs. The same goes for further
> -RC
> releases.

Maybe add a note about the windows binary version. I plan to release binaries for \
both compilers (gcc and msvc). I already released binaries for beta3/msvc and think \
I'm now ready that it can be officially announced. See also \
http://download.cegit.de/kde-windows/kde-3.94.1/single/

Christian

btw: afaik Ralf Habacker has still some problems to upload the binaries to \
                ftp.kde.org. But he can provide two servers with enough bandwidth for \
                now.