List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: Mycroft Promo
From:       Paul Brown <paul.brown () kde ! org>
Date:       2018-03-28 11:44:04

On miércoles, 28 de marzo de 2018 13:24:31 (CEST) Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On woensdag 28 maart 2018 10:33:35 CEST Paul Brown wrote:
> >
> > Hello Aditya,
> >
> > Sebastian (on CC) has told me he is managing things in the back end and
> > talking to Mycroft (the company). That doesn't mean we cannot proceed with
> > working on a  story which will showcase your work. So, while Sebastian
> > does
> > his thing, let's move forward with that.
> >
> > As I asked in a prior email, this is the stable version of the Mycroft
> > Plasma widget we're talking about, correct? Is this version 1.0? Where can
> > I download it from so I can try it out and maybe grab some screenshots or
> > make a screencast?
> >
> > If we can move on this, when Sebastian has news from his end, we can
> > probably send out several news items in a short period of time and drum up
> > interest in Mycroft on Plasma.
>
> This is roughly what I had in mind. Let's look at key talking point for both
> press releases:
>
> 1. about the mycroft plasmoid
> * What does it do?
> * What's the status?
> * How can one get it running?
> * Roadmap (1.0 release, further work and features? MyCroft on Plasma
> Mobile?) * How to get involved
> * Demo screencast
> * Screenshots
> * -> allows to use AI from your Plasma device (desktop, but also mobile)
>
> (I'd keep this rather simple, as it builds up our story)

Sure. I'll write it so as to attract as large as audience as possible.

> 2. MyCroft and KDE work together more closely, also at organisational level
> * privacy angle that both pursue
> * MyCroft as sponsor of KDE (shape or form t.b.d.)

Maybe Akademy to start with? It would be good to see a Mycroft booth there.
I'm sure attendees would be interested.

The sponsorship brochure:

https://akademy.kde.org/sites/akademy.kde.org/files/2018/
Akademy2018_Sponsorship_Opportunities.pdf

> * Common interest to advance open AI  technology
> * Collaboration means MyCroft adds AI features to Plasma, Plasma contributes
> base technology to MyCroft future products
> * Next steps of collaboration also at technical levels (and here we refer
> back to 1. showing that it's not fluffy wishy-wash but that we have actual
> results to show)

This is all pretty great. Very exciting.

> The second bit needs closer cooperation with MyCroft as it should include
> official statements from both sides. I can hunt down the right people and
> put this together with the MyCroft PR team.

This is excellent. Thanks Sebas! If you need help, just holler.

Paul
--
Promotion & Communication

www: http://kde.org