List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Article about Baloo
From:       Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-02-23 7:04:57

On Saturday 22 February 2014 18:31:55 James Cain wrote:
> From my POV, this whole exercise in how to best handle the front (public)
> face of a potentially delicate matter (Nepomuk's reputation and
> replacement) has been handled with insight, thoughtfulness, purpose, and
> empathy for all involved, including current and future users of KDE
> software. This has been demonstrated in both this thread, and the sister
> thread started by Aaron. It seems, from my vantage point, to have shown \
> the expertise and suave that it takes to effectively communicate ideas \
> that are very important.
>
> Well done to all involved, from Devs to Promo to the Visual Design Group
> and everyone in between.

I think I speak for everyone when I say thanks for those kind words.

And yes, I agree, I am happy we came with a good solution. Once again \
showing  that it is neither conflict nor a (negotiated) simple compromise \
but open,  honest conversation that leads to the best solution. I sometimes \
wish more  people would understand this ;-)

I've put the article on the dot (not yet published), if there is any more
input let me know. Monday it goes, probably early on the day. I'll ping the \
 press list to tell them there's an update on the Search thing.

Let's hope a responsible news outlet like LWN picks up on it.

Hugs,
Jos