List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Article about Baloo
From:       Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-02-18 20:10:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 18 February 2014 17:22:36 Markus Slopianka wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 February 2014 15:51:50 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > I'm not sure it is too late; Baloo could be positioned as the ‘backend'
> > for Nepomuk storage
>
> Nepomuk has such a bad reputation, a new name is not so bad.
> Just read the Phoronix thread. Quite a few readers, who a not the regular
> trolls, are glad that Nepomuk is going to be replaced with something else.

That was the reason we initially agreed to rename Nepomuk into Baloo, despite
the (very valid) arguments that it means loosing brand recognition, giving
attention to something that should be invisible and causes us work.

> > and Nepomuk 2 could be ‘born'.
>
> Nepomuk 2 is already born and was shipped with 4.10. :-p

And it brought many improvements. Yeah, calling it Nepomuk 3 is an option,
but now Baloo is out. I think the compromise is a good one.