List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE U.S. NPO
From:       James Cain <james.cain.25 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-03-07 3:35:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

+1 if we can do it. I know it's been looked at before...it would also bring
many other benefits as well, such as being able to sell and distribute
merchandise with the proceeds going back to the KDE e.V. I remember we
discussed this at Camp KDE a few years ago. Maybe Lydia can shed some light
on this subject.

James Cain

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 9:48 PM, heathmatlock <heathmatlock@gmail.com> wrote:

> I propose that a non-profit group should be organized to represent KDE
> in the US. From my impression this week of calling around asking for
> donations for setting up a booth at an event in my  own, many
> businesses seem willing to contribute, but only if they can write off
> the donation later. It takes about 300USD to set one up, from what I
> recall a couple of years ago. Are there reasons not to proceed forward
> with this idea?
>
> --
> Heath Matlock
> +1 256 274 4225