List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] booth at South Eastern Linux Fest
From:       Gary Greene <greeneg () tolharadys ! net>
Date:       2010-05-07 3:39:17

On May 5, 2010, at 7:43 AM, Justin Kirby wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> SELF is a FOSS event in South Carolina (http://www.southeastlinuxfest.org/)
> which Celeste and I are planning on attending this year.  It sounds from the
> person Celeste spoke with that they'd be happy to have some KDE
> representation at the event.  She'll be giving a talk and I just sent them
> an inquiry about having a KDE booth.  That said, I've never taken care of
> managing a booth for KDE before (though I've done booth work for other work
> related things).  Can anyone give me some pointers as to what I should be
> doing though just to make sure I don't miss any critical steps? :)  I assume
> I need to work with Claudia about shipping booth box stuff and freebies to
> hand out to people.  Let me know what else I should be thinking about!  Oh,
> I also need to try and find someone to help if anyone knows anybody in that
> area who might be willing.

We've two demo machines that have been doing the west US conference circuit that Ian \
had donated a while back. I've been storing them here for the next event they need to \
go to in the US. Once Ian can get me the update instructions and disk image, I can \
ship them to you. Note, I've never had any monitors for these boxes.