List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: VDG suggestions and wishes about the system tray
From:       Kai Uwe Broulik <kde () privat ! broulik ! de>
Date:       2014-08-28 10:29:19

Hi,

> I think for batteries, we're doing that already (at least in Plasma 4 we
> didn't add the battery plasmoid to the panel for desktop systems).

I am not sure whether distributions with their custom layout.js picked that up (I'm \
not even sure if I changed that in our default layout) but battery monitor is \
supposed to be added to the panel regardless since 4.11. It provides the handy PM \
switch and shows peripheral device batteries too.

However, battery monitor goes passive when:
- The AC is plugged in and the battery is fully charged (since 4.8 or so already)
- There are no power supply batteries (desktop case, if you want to have it present \
nonetheless you can force it active)

Cheers,
Kai Uwe

> For notifications and storage devices, I quite like the idea

+1