List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: plasma-framework in kdereview
From:       Guillaume DE BURE <guillaume.debure () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-04-25 18:42:32

Hi Everyone,

Indeed, there was an intention to use some plasma components in Skrooge, bu=
t it never materialized in any official release. Today, this is mostly aban=
doned code, to my disappointment, but I never committed myself enough on fi=
nishing this part...

As far as Skrooge is concerned, you may change anything you want in libplas=
ma for kf5, we will either adapt, or consider a totally different approach,=
 using QML.

Guillaume

Le vendredi 25 avril 2014, 19:49:05 Marco Martin a =E9crit :
> On Friday 25 April 2014 19:16:43 Kevin Ottens wrote:
> =

> > I think these statements show you totally ignore the history behind
> > libplasma or how applications can use it... They (at least Amarok, not =
100%
> > sure for Skrooge) benefit from the component model used in libplasma:
> > packages, dataengines, plugins.
> =

> Skrooge used a kpart (that i want to get eventually ported) that basicall=
y =