List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: plasma-framework in kdereview
From:       Marco Martin <notmart () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-04-25 13:43:39

On Friday 25 April 2014 15:24:50 Luigi Toscano wrote:
> On Friday 25 of April 2014 15:14:46 =C0lex Fiestas wrote:
> > Moving plasma-framework to frameworks means that we will loose flexibil=
ity
> > since we won't be able to break api/abi.
> > =

> > So, do we really have to move it there? Imho would be prudent to keep it
> > somewhere else where api/abi stability is not mandatory.
> > =

> > Also, right now there is only one user of this framework (plasma-deskto=
p),
> > I would wait until at least we have 2 more shells based on it to commit
> > to any stability.
> =

> Wasn't/isn't libplasma supposed to be used also by other applications
> (amarok was the main user I guess)?

It always was.
wether they want to use it or not it's their problem

and this attitude of "pest dependency" deeply bothers me and makes me not m=
uch =

really motivated to keep working on it.

yes, it has a lot of dependencies and is not optimal.
f i would have it primarly as ligthtweight libraries i would split it at le=
st =

in 3-4 parts, but i think it's better preventing the fragmentation of littl=
e =

libraries in this case

-- =

Marco Martin