List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: When should there be a screen brightness OSD?
From:       Kai Uwe Broulik <kde () privat ! broulik ! de>
Date:       2014-01-21 21:45:44

Hi,

+1 as well!
Especially it popping up on session start where the compositor isn't fully ready. :/

So to summarize:
- never ever show it when the brightness changes automatically (session start, mouse \
                movement, screen timeout, ...)
- if user changes, it show the OSD on the primary/internal monitor as this is \
probably the affected one

When dragging the slider in the battery monitor it shouldn't be shown either, the \
slider (and the dimming screem, of course) provides the feedback already.

Cheers,
Kai Uwe

(Oh, you can actually tell the Android E-Mail client to default to Reply All)