List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: phonon5 backends things again
From:       Martin Sandsmark <martin.sandsmark () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-08-11 15:17:25

On Sunday 10. August 2014 11.33.44 Harald Sitter wrote:
> so. how about we kill backends and use libvlc directly (with possibly
> a tiny logic abstraction but no explicit plugin architecture)?

+1 AOL like shipit. Multiple backends provide more problems than solutions. =

Plojnner og h=E6ft, as we say in Norway.

Maybe I'll finally finish up my vlc-kio-plugin as well (it will have to liv=
e in =

phonon for the time being, though, because of how the vlc the application =

itself mishandles Qt, and I don't have the time to tackle that).

-- =

Martin Sandsmark