List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Icon improvements.
From:       Henry Stanaland <henryst () MIT ! EDU>
Date:       2001-03-09 8:24:24

> I think it the feature of X, and has nothing to do with Klipper. Besides, I
> hate this feature. Like if I reply to your email, I copy "kde-look@kde.org"
> from your headers, I push reply and select your email address to delete it
> with one button, but I can no longer paste what I intended to paste! Instead
> I have to go to Klipper and select my old selection which is pain in the
> neck. I find this implicit copy functionality disturbing.

Actually, what I've read is that we've got it all wrong.  Cut, Copy &
Paste is supposed
to work like in Windows.  Middle Clicking is ONLY supposed to paste
whatever text
has been selected, NOT what is in the clipboard.

I think Netscape is one of the few programs that does this right...try
it!  Select some
text in Mozilla, and hit Ctrl-C, then select some new text.  If you use
Ctrl-V you get the
original text, if you hit the middle button you get the (2nd) selected
text.  This is ideal!
I think the next major release of Qt(3.x?) is supposed to fix this for KDE.

Henry