List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: KDE - The joke's gone on for far too long.
From:       Sean Pecor <sean () digitalspinner ! com>
Date:       2001-02-13 0:55:40

On Monday 12 February 2001 19:32, Paul Fredlein wrote:
> You don't have to make the GUI look like Windows to attract
> programmers to write software for it - it's the SDK's and API's that
> convince the developers to write code.

Being a software developer, I agree with this specific statement, but it's
part of larger picture. The larger picture also include an SDK and API that
isn't completely foreign to the Windows developer. Also, existing Windows
code for GOOD applications becomes impossible to port the further you get
away from established application models.

Until new display media is developed we're way past revolutionary change for
the Desktop. If you disagree, mock up a presentation of your ideas and
present them here.

Sean.

--
# Digital Spinner / President.