List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: kde's future
From:       Hans Meine <hans_meine () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-01-11 22:33:14

Sven Niedner <niedner@physik.uni-kiel.de> writes:

> Shure. Despite I am not shure in how far the discussions here actually
> enter the development process, at least I can make myself heard.
> Writing this stuff to Microsoft appears to be rather useless, in
> comparision. No feedback (from the developers) there.
Some, but not all core-developers read this list, good ideas are often
re-posted on the devel lists.

> > Problem might be that threads that are quite dynamic need perhaps
> > daily update of the draft. If there is a middle man who puts all the
> > new draft version on a kde server he might be unpleased to do this on
> > daily demand. Got what I mean?
>
> This would be too much work. I think a draft should be written at the
> point, when the discussions settles down and things are rather fixed.
> Those who want to discuss should read the list messages anyhow, for the
> rest, only the results are of interest.

AFAIR, some time ago there was nearly _no_ traffic at all on this list,
even now I think just discussing stuff here helps enough - there does
not have to be meta-information somewhere else IMHO.

As I said, I think most really good (and not too far-fetched) ideas
are used to improve KDE. Other ideas keep flowing around in people's
heads and if you want to look for details, you can still search the
archives. Many ideas just need too much coding manpower to be implemented
soon or don't belong into KDE but into the underlying OS's.

--
Ciao,  /  /
      /--/