List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: kde's future
From:       Henry Stanaland <henryst () MIT ! EDU>
Date:       2001-01-10 22:54:11

Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> Henry Stanaland wrote:
> >
> > Of all things, even "Civilizations: Call to Power"'s SAVE dialog, has
> > the one all mighty button:
> > "DELETE"! (but you can rename too).
>
> Just to put another perspective, a friend of mine (16 years computer
> experience on Macs, Windows, and Linux) was demonstrating Civ to me just
> a few days ago.
>
> And what did this guy do? He has been using GUIs for longer than Linux
> has existed. And he accidently deleted a saved game from the Open File
> dialog box. One click, and it was gone.
>
> Heh, the one positive thing from this was I learnt some new words I
> never even *dreamed* existed :-)
>
> --
> Steven D'Aprano

	Yeah, it is placed in a way that you could
think "Delete" was the "Open" button.  I can imagine.
But this wouldn't hardly be a problem if it was in the
RMB menu.
	Also, if something isn't going to be in a
recoverable place like the TrashBin, it should probably
always ask, "Are you sure you want to delete this file?"
Too bad Civ doesn't support the TrashBin.  Oh well, you
only get better playing Civilizations again!

Regards,
Henry Stanaland