List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: kde's future
From:       "Bart Szyszka" <bart () gigabee ! com>
Date:       2001-01-10 4:17:03

Hi,

Whatever happened to following KDE's icon guide? I updated my Debian system
to a recent build of KDE 2.1 (recent as in a day or two old) and got a whole
new set of icons in the Kmenu. None of these new icons follow the KDE icon
style guide where you're supposed to have a crisp black border around each
icon and it shows. I could barely make most of these icons out. They look
very unclear and remind me of the icons in GNOME's foot panel. And speaking
of GNOME, it looks like some new toolbar icons are being made tylted like
GNOME's icons. KDE had a very nice save icon, but it has been replaced (at
least in Kmail) by a tilted floppy disk icon that looks out of place (Except
with the tilted printer icon which has looked out of place for a while). I'm
trying to develop some icons for a program and would like to keep to a
consistent KDE standard, but that's becoming very difficult when new icons
keep cropping up that break the standard. This is very frustrating. Not that
there's anything wrong with change, but it'd be nice if the style guide was
updated to go along with it (and I personally would prefer that the new
changes
be put into a seperate icon theme).

- Bart