List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: kde's future
From:       Richard Moore <rich () ipso-facto ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-01-09 18:59:39

Sven Niedner wrote:

> On Monday 08 January 2001 23:53, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > My opinion is to totally abandon any file dialog, together with save and
> > load. But that is another story :-)
>
> I like that idea. Besides the technical problems how things should be done
> right now, it might be more productive to think of what should be done in the

This is planned (by me at least) I want to move it to XMLGUI.

> future and how it might be implemented in a consistent way. The version
> control suggestion that came up a while ago is one thing, and I suppose you
> suggestion is related to this.

I've also thought a lot about this, but it is tricky to find a
decent way to do it. :-( ie. one that isn't tied to a particular
version control system. Handling commits is reasonably simple,
but adding files to the VC system, removing them etc. gets very
complex.

Rich.

--
     Richard Moore		rich@ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk