List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Select All, Ctrl-A, lineedits.
From:       Bjoern Kahl <Bjoern.Kahl () kiel ! netsurf ! de>
Date:       2000-09-10 12:05:19

On 08-Sep-00 Martin Konold wrote:
>  On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Waldo Bastian wrote:
>
> > Hiya,
> >
> > This patch adds Ctrl-A as default accelerator for "Select All". It
> > also
> > implements Select All for qlineedit's and klineedits.
> >
> > People that like to use Ctrl-A for "start of line" should be able to
>
>  They should be able to use the "HOME" key instead.

 Hallo !

 No, "HOME" is to far away from the other keys. Don't want to
 move my hand that long way.

 Serious:
 Ctrl-A and Ctrl-E for Start/end of line are well known and
 work on allmost all (Unix-like) systems I every used.
 We should not change the use of Ctrl-A/Ctrl-E.

 I am sure, haveing Ctrl-A doing anything else than "Move to
 start of line" in a lineedit will generate BugReports about
 broken keybindings.
 (And, Ctrl-A works in terminals too, but "HOME", "END" etc.
  often screw up terminal-sessions to other systems.)

 Remember, this is KDE, "a friendly face for Unix", not WINE.
 Things that worked in plain unix (even without X11) should
 work in KDE too, just a bit more userfriendly.

 Regards,

        Bjoern