List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: Address for gpl-qt petition?
From:       "Adam J. Richter" <adam () yggdrasil ! com>
Date:       1998-12-22 13:03:26

Navindra Umanee <navindra@cs.mcgill.ca>:
>Do you think the 7
>or so Troll Tech developers don't know about your demands that Qt to
>be under the GPL by now?

I have never made *demands* that Qt be placed under the GPL.  That
is not even my ideal wish, which would be for libQt to be LGPL'ed.

Troll Tech is welcome to to make libQt into traditional proprietary
software as far as I am concerned.  In signing the qpl-qt petition
along with the 400+ other signers, I want to convey my preference for
a GPL'ed libQt over a QPL'ed libQt, and I carefully worded the comments
that I included in my addition to that petition to identify which of
the advantages I listed also apply to any GPL compatible set of
copying conditions.

Adam J. Richter     __     ______________   4880 Stevens Creek Blvd, Suite 104
adam@yggdrasil.com     \ /                  San Jose, California 95129-1034
+1 408 261-6630         | g g d r a s i l   United States of America
fax +1 408 261-6631      "Free Software For The Rest Of Us."