List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    Re: kuml achievement without kdevelop ?
From:       Darius Stachow <shiva () dialup ! nacamar ! de>
Date:       1999-12-18 17:24:54

On Fre, 17 Dez 1999, you wrote:
>> >Features 3 and 4 exist partially in kdevelop (only C++ is supported for
>> >the moment).
>> Not only for the moment. There won't be support for other languages in kdevelop :-((
>> This is an official statement from Sandy.
>> Kdevelop is concentrating on C/C++.
>What I meant is that it would be better and easier to code a java
>reverse engineering module in kdevelop than starting one from scratch,
>independently.
I don't believe it's easy to implement java support for example in kdevelop.
KDevelop seems not to be prepared for multi language support. Before a parser
for another language could be written this condition must be changed.
And that is the problem.
I don't believe that kdevelop will support more than one language in the
current incarnation.

If we rely on kdevelop we capture the disadvantage of missing real multiple
language support.

>> Maybe in the future more interested developer will join the team to help
>> writing the missing parts.
>For that, we should release a 0.0.1 version in a few months.
Yes. Some months is a good time.

--
Open your mind ...
Darius Stachow