List:       kde-krn-devel
Subject:    Re: My patches...
From:       Sander Alberink <sander.alberink () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       1997-07-11 10:24:09

> > I will see if I can get around to implementing a 'Mark for download'
> > function.
> > It would probably become a dictionary, with the key a newsgroup and the
> > item a list of articles to download for that newsgroup. After that, it
can
> > dump them in the cache.
> > Of course, it should implement a feature to delete files from the cache
> > (for example upon shutdown, or after the size of the cache has grown
beyond
> > a specific size, or based on date, or, or...)
> That's overkill. the NNTP::article(char *id) just needs the article
> ID (stored in Article::ID), so you just need a QStrList.

I don't think so. You need to set the group first, right? So what is the
user goes to all it's subscribed newsgroups, tags several articles in all
groups, and wants to download them.
Of course, I will only save the article ID's. But you need to know to which
group the article belonged.

> > I don't know. The patch applied wonderfull, and it works. But I think
> > returning an empty object is a better way, because otherwise you will
have
> > to check that pointer everywhere. (Is that the CHK_PTR macro? I
normally
> > use assert()'s for that)
> I think CHK_PTR does that.

Could be. It is a macro of QT, right?

> > > Interesting. You mean moving like not going back to Germany?
> > I live in Holland. I'm working on my last 2 days in Germany, after
which I
> I'm sure it's nice having all those countries near :-)
> I'm about 700Km from the nearest border, and that's to Uruguay, which is
> so similar to here, it's boring.

Well, it sounds better to me... Holland is boring in its flatness. And of
course, we have too much rain. We could swap for a while? :-)

> I would have to go to  way beyond the Brazil border to get to an
> interesting "foreign" place. Probably about 2000Km. Right now I'm going
> to my parents house, 850Km, and all I get is some crappy snow, and an
ocean so
> cold the seawolfs wear neoprene suits ;-)

Hmmmm, when I travel that distance, I'm in France... Or in Poland. Or
England. Or Denmark. Distance is such a relative thing.

> OTOH, there is a penguin colony, too :-)

Hmmm, that should make up for everything, right? Have you picked your own
linuxone?
------
       `,-=`.
       0-0 #         Sander Alberink
       |/  ?         e-mail: sander.alberink@bigfoot.com
       /   \_/    \  Linuxfreak by choice
      / <_ ____,_  \ http://www.linux.org
               \/|   Thanks for letting me change
                     magnetic patterns on your harddisk

Commercial junk-mail will be proofread at a fee of $ 5,- per line of
text. Sending me junk-mail constitutes an acceptance of these terms.