List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    User interface.
From:       Sean Pecor <sean () digitalspinner ! com>
Date:       2001-02-07 19:10:52

Hey John,

<question>
Would you be willing to take a serious look at a user interface concept for
Krayon if I mocked one up? Some of the changes I'd propose are dramatic, so
some requests aren't for the short term, but I'm already seeing the gestation
in Krayon of an interface that I'm not going to love. I'd love it more than
Gimp, of course, but I love most things more than Gimp, so we're not making
much progress :).
</question>

<ego>
I've used Photoshop for 6 years, Gimp for about 9 months, Lightwave 3D for
several years. I'm an accomplished software developer, and through my small
company (www.digitalspinner.com) I've led the design of over 100 web sites
using the aforementioned tools.
</ego>

<reasoning>
I think Krayon has the potential to evolve into a powerful and productive
tool for digital design (web sites, multimedia, etc.). However, I'm watching
user interface rules being applied to Krayon that are meant more for
text-oriented applications like Kwrite, Kword, etc.
</reasoning>

I've got some sound concepts that a) aren't frustrating like kivio's wierd
panels, and b) significantly decrease mouse clicks and cursor movement that
ultimately slow down and obstruct the creative process.

All the best,

Sean.

--
# Digital Spinner / President.