List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: KImageShop development
From:       Torsten Rahn <torsten () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-08-23 13:22:16

Sean Pecor wrote:

> Is the project based on Gimp source? It should be. Gimp's user interface can
> be thrown in the trash (it is garbage) but the engine is really strong. I

No, please DON'T USE ANY of Gimps code -- contact Matthias Elter if
you are not aware of the reasons!

> I threw out some possible names earlier. One is KIXEL, which I happen to like

Kixel sounds rather strange to me.

> in that it is easy to remember and also favors digital design over print
> design. Other names that excite me are KPIX, KDESIGNER, KBRUSH, KANVAS,

kpix might collide with the application-name "pixie"
KDesigner could be misunderstood as a KDE-version of QTDesigner
Kanvas is also out of question for the same reasons we won't use
KPhotoshop or KPhotopaint

> All the best,

Greetings,
Tackat