List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: iPad Pro with Pencil as graphics tablet input for Krita
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2015-12-20 11:24:58

On Sun, 20 Dec 2015, Wolf Vollprecht wrote:

> I was wondering if it would make a nice feature to integrate a VNC kind-of server \
> into Krita such that an iPad Pro could stream from Krita and send back the pen \
> pressure / position and tilt.On the iPad there could be a Krita Companion app that \
> connects to the VNC server.
> In my opinion the iPad Pro makes for a relatively cheap and powerful drawing \
> "tablet". If it could be used in such a way it would be a cool competitor to the \
> quite expensive Cintiq products.
> There exist several VNC solutions for the iPad and also software like "duet" that \
> allows to use the iPad as an external touch-capable monitor to Mac or Windows \
> computers.

Er, no... In the first place, Apple forbids GPL software on iOS, which makes me want \
to stay away from the platform. And then, a 13" HD Cintiq is 739 euro including VAT \
while the cheapest iPad Pro is 919 euro -- not exactly cheaper!

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org