List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: [kde-community] stackexange site for krita
From:       Paul Geraskin <paulgeraskin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-02-26 8:38:50

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I have my own collection of questions in my Stackexchange account. When i
need them i can easily find them.
Also the same service works for Math, Python, Java which i use too. This is
very very big and great project.

This project also has http://stackoverflow.com/ service which is merged to
Stackexchange.

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 3:49 AM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid@kde.org> wrote:

> El Dimecres, 25 de febrer de 2015, a les 17:09:09, Boudewijn Rempt va
> escriure:
> > This is a question that came up on the #krita channel today. Our forums
> > are awesome, but not the best place for question and answer type of
> > exchanges. We even see questions appear on yahoo answers!
> >
> > One proposal was to create a krita.stackexchange.com, like
> > http://blender.stackexchange.com/. However, this is infra that's outside
> > of KDE. I don't know of anything equivalent, though!
>
> What's important of StackExchange, the non-wiki, non-forum type of software
> they have or the users they have?
>
> I.e. we're on twitter because of the users they have, having
> twitter-like software on kde.org wouldn't work.
>
> Cheers,
>   Albert
>

> > So, what I wanted to get input on is: would creating a
> > krita.stackexchange.com be against the manifesto? And if so, is there
> any
> > equivalent (in terms of user-friendliness, googleability and
> > recognizability) that we can use withing KDE's infra structure?
> >
> > For all clarity; this isn't a wiki, and it isn't a forum. It works in a
> > very different way.
> >
> > Boudewijn
> >
> > (Willing to experiment so fewer people wonder where their layers have
> > gone. https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20150224214426AAbFtKj
> )

Hello World!