List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: Release Readiness
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2012-01-16 18:06:55

On Saturday 14 January 2012 Jan, Sven Langkamp wrote:

> Now we are at 129 bugs, 9 major and 18 crashes. I took a look at the major
> bugs that I thought should be fixed before the release:
>
> > 263170  maj     transform tool makes QImage copy of layer
>

> No idea about that. Lukas were you looking at that?
>

> > 273860  maj     Management of big images is still not fast and stable
> > enough.
> >

> This is a problem with the tile compression, which takes way to long. Using
> the legacy mode helps, but then the file size explodes. I tried rle
> compression which keeps the size down, but that wasn't better than the
> current performance.

Both these bugs were actually already major, and i don't think they are release \
blockers. The big images problem isn't actually about loading and saving big images, \
mainly it's about working with big images once they are loaded -- so I wanted to \
experiment with in-memory compression of tiles. But that probably needs some really \
fast compression code, faster than whatever we've tried up to now.

> > 284457  maj     Crashes on redoing right after undoing crop in opengl mode
> >

> Can't reproduce this one.

Dmitry is a long way towards a solution, but still needs to put the last part of the \
fix in place.

> > 288220  maj     eraser mode goes out of sync when changing brush
> >

> Can't reproduce this either.

Maybe this was fixed when I removed the per-input-device tool thing?

> > 289191  maj     filter preview broken for many filters
> >

> There is a problem with all the filter that don't support threading. These
> don't support filter mask, so the preview is broken. For now I suggest that
> we turn off the preview for all non-threadable filters.

Ack

> > 289289  maj     [layer-panel-GUI] blending mode label don't follow undo
> > history
> >

> Not sure if that's a regression or if that bug existed for some time.
> Couldn't find any signal for that.

I actually think that this is a back and forth thing: we made the layer blending mode \
undoable, then removed that as an action when we got user feedback that the blending \
mode like the visibility was cluttering the undo history and the undo wasn't useful.

> > 290058  maj     Filterop works like buildup
> >

> Either fix or turn off filterop.

Ack.

> > 290172  maj     Mask created from a vector selection cannot be edited
> > anymore
> >

> Once a shape selection is made all the tools will be locked.
>

> > 290937  maj     Text shapes dissappear on saving
> >

> Text shape is still there, but at a completely different place. Needs
> someone that know flake.

Very strange... This must be a regression.

> Beside that there are a few filter that are not working:
> -Bumpmap/Phong Bumpmap
> -Emboss
> -Oilpaint is so slow that pratically not useable
>
> Unless someone comes up with a fix, I suggest to disable these filter for
> the release.

Ack.

--
Boudewijn Rempt