List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    RE: koffice/krita/image/filter
From:       "Ed ." <schumifer () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2010-05-06 8:40:03

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

The problem with COMPOSITE_OVER is that it is additive. So instead of copying the \
filter result to the paint device, it overlays it over the original. That yields \
incorrect results when then the alpha channel is not totally opaque.

> From: cberger@cberger.net
> To: dimula73@gmail.com
> Subject: Re: koffice/krita/image/filter
> Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 10:26:42 +0200
> CC: kimageshop@kde.org
>
> On Thursday 06 May 2010, you wrote:
> > On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 1:26 AM, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I am confused by this change, why remove the bitBlt with selection ?
> >
> > Well, yes. It's not clean form the point that we are going to remove
> > selections from filters. You are right.
> hum indeed. So at least I can backport.
>
> > But in this very case the code does nothing, because COMPOSITE_COPY still
> > does not take selections into account. I think we need a special composite
> > for this. Do we have one?
> Remind me why COMPOSITE_OVER does not work ? The commit message that changed
> it to COPY does not explain why...
> Because I have no clue what a COMPOSITE_COPY would do with selection. I can
> understand what happen when SELECTION = 0 or SELECTION = 255, but the result
> is totally undefined between those two values.
>
> And anyway, COMPOSITE_OVER would do what I would expect for that use.
>
> --
> Cyrille Berger

[Attachment #5 (text/html)]

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt;
font-family:Verdana
}
--></style>
</head>
The problem with COMPOSITE_OVER is that it is additive. So instead of copying the \
filter result to the paint device, it overlays it over the original. That yields \
incorrect results when then the alpha channel is not totally opaque.<BR><BR>&gt; \
From: cberger@cberger.net<BR>&gt; To: dimula73@gmail.com<BR>&gt; Subject: Re: \
koffice/krita/image/filter<BR>&gt; Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 10:26:42 +0200<BR>&gt; CC: \
kimageshop@kde.org<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; On Thursday 06 May 2010, you wrote:<BR>&gt; &gt; \
On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 1:26 AM, Cyrille Berger wrote:<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; \
Hello,<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; I am confused by this change, why remove \
the bitBlt with selection ?<BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; Well, yes. It's not clean form \
the point that we are going to remove<BR>&gt; &gt; selections from filters. You are \
right.<BR>&gt; hum indeed. So at least I can backport.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; But in \
this very case the code does nothing, because COMPOSITE_COPY still<BR>&gt; &gt; does \
not take selections into account. I think we need a special composite<BR>&gt; &gt; \
for this. Do we have one?<BR>&gt; Remind me why COMPOSITE_OVER does not work ? The \
commit message that changed <BR>&gt; it to COPY does not explain why...<BR>&gt; \
Because I have no clue what a COMPOSITE_COPY would do with selection. I can <BR>&gt; \
understand what happen when SELECTION = 0 or SELECTION = 255, but the result <BR>&gt; \
is totally undefined between those two values.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; And anyway, \
COMPOSITE_OVER would do what I would expect for that use.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; -- \
<BR>&gt; Cyrille Berger<BR>&gt; \
Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft. <a \
href='https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?id=60969' target='_new'>Get it \