List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: Color profiles and pigment
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2007-11-04 12:52:53

On Sunday 28 October 2007, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Sunday 28 October 2007, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> >  - the alternative is to "clone" the color space and it's profile when
> > creating the paint device
So I will go for that solution. And if someone doesn't like it or come with a
better solution later, I will leave him to refactor later.

> This sounds like a saner solution -- the colorspaces themselves also do
> allocate cache memory for conversions and so on. But I remember we put the
> profile in the cs for a reason, although I cannot remember the reason.
In a far future, I think that having some sort of buffer server solution might
be a better solution, but I don't have the time to do the evaluation on the
performance. And it's probably interesting only for large buffer.

--
Cyrille Berger