List:       kde-kant
Subject:    [Kde-kant] Open / New Style issues
From:       John Firebaugh <jfire () uclink ! berkeley ! edu>
Date:       2001-03-19 2:04:05

There are several bugs open on kwrite about violations of the styleguide.
Basically, the Open and New items should open a new document window instead
of opening over the current document. I agree with this. The problem as I
see it is that these actions are defined by the kantview, when they should
be defined by the application. For example, selecting New in kwrite should
open a new instance (through kdeinit, not by making a new TopLevel window,
as is done now -- this is another thing I think should be changed). But
selecting New in Kant should just add a new document to the list of open
ones. So, it is the app that should contain the logic for the open and new
commands, and not the view.

later,
John