List:       kde-kant
Subject:    Dyn Word Wrap + KateViewInternal
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2002-01-14 22:13:50

Hi,
trying to get the word wrap working, I noticed that the current cursor +
position managment of kateviewinternal is just trash (and not very well
structured). To fix the whole thingy I will change KateViewInternal to an
QScrollView which will make it much smaller + cleaner:

1. all drawing will be done to the viewport() widget of qsrcollview, no
performance loss
2. we get the much cleaner functions of qscrollview to get the current x/y
coordinat of the upper left corner and be able to translate the coordinates
much cleaner (without bugs ;)
3. I hope kateviewinternal will shrink around 100-200 lines or more as the
whole pos stuff will be dropped

To get that thingy working here local, it would be very nice if nobody else
would change kateviewinternal class to much at the mom, or merging will be
hell ;)

cu
Christoph