List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: some questions about translating KDE2
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-12-02 22:08:46

Wolfram Diestel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've some questions koncerning translations for KDE2
>
> 1) How the kdelnk files are made from desktop.po? What I have to
>    do to update the installed kdelnk files after revision of desktop.po?
well, you have to commit your desktop.po and wait a night. After that
the
CVS will be updated :)

All the code is in kde-i18n's target "desktops".
So you need to do a "make -f Makefile.am desktops". kde-i18n also has a
"make -f Makefile.am apply" which creates a little tool that when used
as "./apply <file> eo" will look for
$KDEDIR/share/locale/eo/LC_MESSAGES/desktop.mo and create a <file>.new
with added Name[eo]. As long as you don't commit them, that's ok :)

> 2) Where the menu labels &File, &Go, &Window, &Help, TreeView a.s.o
>    in konquerror come from. I didn't found theire source file
>    (libkonq.po, konqueror.po, kdelibs.po are fully translated)
Oops, my fault. These come from the XML-descriptions of the UI. We need
a tool to extract them. I forgot that til now. Forgive me :)

> 3) I could not find out how to configure the KDE2, e.g. fonts, localisation...
>    kcontrol seem's not to write anything and manual editing of .kderc
>    doesn't help too. The language I can define with KDE_LANG but
>    what about fonts, charsets (Unicode) etc.?

Hmm, maybe a bug. manual editing doesn't help? Then this is even more
broken,
but I'm not too sure if anyone using anything else than ISO-1 has used
that so
far :)
Please tell me what the problem is and I look into it.

Greetings, Stephan

--
When your memory goes, forget it!