List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: How to get localization from SVN and compile it?
From:       Gary Cramblitt <garycramblitt () comcast ! net>
Date:       2005-09-19 22:31:20

On Monday 19 September 2005 05:19 pm, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> On Monday 19 September 2005 16:26, Jure Repinc wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to download a specific localization from SVN for KDE 3.5
> > branch and then compile it. But I'm not sure how to do this. So i would
> > be glad if someone could explain me the steps for SVN now as I can't
> > check out for the instructions on i18n.kde.org as it still doesn't work.
> >
> > Thanks for help!
>
> to get the your_language_code localization for kde 3.5:
>
> svn co -N svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/l10n
> (gets the top files)
> cd l10n
> svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/l10n/scripts
> svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/l10n/your_language_code
>
> /scripts/autogen.sh your_language_code
> cd your_language_code
> ./configure
> make
> su -c 'make install'
>
> Replace svn://anonsvn.kde.org by what is relevant in your case if you have
> a KDE login.

Instructions are also here:

http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/kdeqt/kde3arch/kde-i18n-howto.html#SECTION00080000000000000000

Let me know if they are wrong.

Anne-Marie, your instructions didn't include the templates folder.  Maybe that
explains Jure's error?

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)
KDE Text-to-Speech Maintainer