List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Yes, another cvs question
From:       Malcolm Hunter <malcolm.hunter () gmx ! co ! uk>
Date:       2004-02-07 16:04:30

On Saturday 07 Feb 2004 13:56, Xabi García wrote:
> 	Are the commits to the KDE_3_2_BRANCH merged (whenever it is possible)
> automatically in HEAD?.

Periodically - there shouldn't be much to do as the translatable strings are
pretty much frozen. The main work for scripty here is to update .desktop
files as translations are updated.

> If they are, I think that this is the way to
> translate KDE until the next 3.3 prereleases (asumming that this release
> would happen in 2005).

That would make it nearly impossible for translation teams to meet the release
deadline.. a few weeks after the strings are frozen is certainly not enough
time. The way it is done (in HEAD) now means that translation teams can keep
up with the changes (pretty much).

Regards,
Malcolm
--