List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: minimum package for lang. inclusion
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-12-30 12:56:49

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 12:16:34 +0100, Nicolas Goutte wrote:

>> http://i18n.kde.org/teams/index.php?a=pdis
>>
>> the ms package seems not included. What is the qualification for any lang
>> to be included?
>
>Looking at http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/HEAD/essential.php
>the ms team is missing enough translated strings in kdebase. (The needed
>thresholds are shown at the bottom of the page.)

Minimum requirement for inclusion in a release is usually 90-100% of
the essential files and 75%+ of kdebase. Translations that don't meet
this threshold (but are not too far away) can be included anyway on
special request of the coordinator if (s)he wants to attract new
translators, thinks that the overall impression is "good enough" or
something like this.

>> Previously 2 mths ago about 11K strings trans. After not monitored due  to
>> time constraint,there are 3K strings become obsolete.
>>
>> Is there any time for ms team to cacth up the party time?
>> http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.2-release-plan.html
>
>I suppose that it depends how much time you can invest for catching up, as you
>have only a few weeks for translating.

Can't check at the moment but I seem to remember that the deadline for
3.2 translations is January 17.

Regards,

Thomas

---