List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Anyone working on devnagri
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-08-29 10:38:51

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002 14:54:28 +0530, Pankaj Kaushal wrote:

>	I want to work for KDE devnagri(Hindi as in india)
>	translation. If  there anyone already working on it?
>	I would like to collaborate.
>
>	I have the KDE translator HOW-TO but am stuck on the UTF-8
>	and other such issues.
>
>	I went through the Archives but found nothing.

Hmm, what archives were you looking at? If you go to
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-i18n-doc&w=2&r=1&s=hindi&q=b
you should find around 60 postings on that subject and pretty indepth
descriptions of the problems we are having in that area. In short, most
Indic languages don't have real support in the present Qt versions. But
this is supposed to change in Qt 3.1 (ie the next major release).

>	Can I get the archives in a mbox format where?

Don't think so.

Regards,

Thomas

---