On Wednesday, February 16, 2022 9:42:18 AM EST Albert Astals Cid wrote: > Supported == listed in metainfo.yaml > > https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/extra-cmake-modules/-/merge_requests/245 > > What do you think? > > I know parsing yaml like that isn't great but it seems to work for something as simple as what I want there. > > I guess it's probably a bit annoying for places like OpenBSD where having Linux and FreeBSD supported probably means it would also work, but IMHO they can either just use -DIGNORE_PLATFORM_CHECK=true or work with us so we get an OpenBSD CI and then we add it to the metainfo.yaml list. > Here's why I asked Albert about this: - for a long time kdesu builds fine on Mac - suddenly it doesn't build any longer - I spend time investigating and report a build failure - Developer (in this case Ahmad) spends time looking - responds that the metainfo.yml says kdesu is only for Linux and FreeBSD - Allen says "never mind then" - Today another person notices that kdesu no longer builds for Mac => repeat ad nauseam So, to save everyone's time I propose that the CMakeLists.txt notifies the user explicitly if project is not supported on current platform.