List:       kde-frameworks-devel
Subject:    Re: Kioslave repos
From:       Marco Martin <notmart () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-04-11 10:37:33

On Thursday 10 April 2014 19:52:34 =C0lex Fiestas wrote:
> =

> So like I said in the sprint is it is something nice to have but it has to
> be maintained, fixed and polished and that won't happen before 2.0 and
> there is no reason to believe it will ever happen (since nobody at the
> sprint even knew what it was).

A problem i'm seeing now in this thread, is that in january at the sprint n=
ot =

everybody was present. and the parts of the workspace, especially those =

dreaded (uhm, "hystoric"?;) ones are of interest really of everybody.
So is reasonable some of the things decided there come as a surprise, or th=
at =

many "potential" maintainers just completely missed thins.

in an ideal world(tm) would probably had to be done in a breakout session a=
t =

akademy, as in the only configuration most of the people that should be the=
re =

are there.
But since that wasn't possible, I'm proposing the following:

On frameworks tuesdays (just to piggyback a day many people already have =

reserved to be on irc, another day may be planned if needed) we again go ov=
er =

the pieces, one by one, like we did at the sprint, and again search for =

maintainers for things that don't have yet.

More important thing would be doing a priority list for things that really =

must be there and is vital they cannot regress and having those assigned to =

somebody first (obvious example, global shortcut editor)

This of course makes sense if enough people are interested doing it.

maybe i'm talking shit, i don't know ;)
does it make sense? would somebody be interested in this adopt-a-pet thing?

-- =

Marco Martin