List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: Installing LabPlot
From:       Alexander Semke <alexander.semke () web ! de>
Date:       2017-03-21 7:52:34

On Montag, 20. März 2017 23:48:42 CET you wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm sorry but I don't know exact steps, I just know that I tried to type
> some greek symbols and than it crashed. I believe that some of crashing
> will be caused because I'm on Linux Mint 18.1 (based on Ubuntu 16.04,
> Xenail), and as far as I know, Ubuntu version of Labplot 2.3 is for Ubuntu
> 16.10, Yakkety.
KDE applications usually show some "developer information" after such a crash
happened. Simply send this crashdump to the developers for further analysis.
This will really help.

> Thanks for 2.4RC but I think I'll wait for some stable release. Do you know
> maybe some date when will be released?
We plan to release in two weeks. It will be announced on this mailing list.
You can subscribe to this list if you want to get this notification, too. It
will take couple of days more until the distributions can provide the
packages, I think.

> I'm making some Matlab coding and wanted to c/p some values to worksheet
> and to plot them, but there is now c/p option, only import from file. I
> think it would be nice if it can be implemented in some future version. If
> I have any other idea I'll post in forum or send you mail.
To extend copy&paste functionality in the spreadsheet is already on our TODO-
list. Also we plan to add some support for mat files in near future. For
computational and visualization tasks like you have now we're working already
on a better solution where the user can do the computations inside of LabPlot
directly using his favorite open-source computer algebra system. Check the
examples and screenshots for Maxima and python/scipy here

https://labplot.kde.org/2016/07/23/labplot-2-3-0-released/

So, basically you do your calculations and the visualization inside of the
same environment and there is no need to export&import the data. The arrays,
lists, tuples, etc. you've generated in such a CAS-worksheet can be directly
used as the input data source for the plots and curves. Support for Julia will
come in 2.4. Support for Octave will come soon, too.

--
Alexander