List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-edu-devel] Is it time to branch the module?
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-10-25 20:19:48

On Wednesday 24 October 2001 11:03 pm, Andy Fawcett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Replying "outlook style" is weird :)

Huh?

> I have more than one system, so even when I upgrade one to qt3 I can keep
> one as KDE2.x for testing purposes.
>
> If at all possible, could developers with Qt3 please help with simple
> "smoketesting" on apps primarily written on Qt2, and vice-versa? This would
> help remove the need for a Branch in cvs.

I will try to compile everything with latest Qt3/KDE3 once a week or so and
fix stuff that doesn't work.

> And if anybody comes up with a simple solution for the .ui file problem, I
> think we would all like to see it!

If anyone can send me an example of a file that doesn't work... preferably a
Qt2 file that doesn't work anymore after it has been edited with Qt3.

> Okay, I think we should hold back on branching for a while, to see if there
> is an easier way. I hate keeping two branches in line anyway (I have code
> at work that I have to maintain across 4 branches, and it sucks. Really
> sucks.)

You might like Konsole's new cluster management feature for KDE 3. It allows
you to type into several sessions at once :-) That way you can apply patches
to all your 4 branches at the same time >:-)

Cheers,
Waldo