List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: something Really funny!
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2001-02-11 13:05:26

Thursday 08 February 2001 20:06, Michael Häckel написал:
|   On Thursday,  8. February 2001 18:55, Richard Bos wrote:
|   > > P.S. Did you know that the word "KDE" means "where" in Czech? ;-))))
|   >
|   > That's I think valid for many Eastern European countries, as it has the
|   > same meaning in Russian as well!
|
|   But at least in one Eastern European country I know, this word is spelled
|   "gde" with a gnomish "G".

:-))
Sounds (and looks) like Gnome Desktop Environment.
In Russian: где (English: where)
What's interesting that despite of written "gde" (где), it is pronounced
(aureal rendering :-) more like "kde".
At least, when you talking to friends and family memebers.
I guess only TV dictors pronounce it as G-D-E.

In Bulgarian, it written and pronounced different, something like "kade"
(k-a-d'y-e). I mean, word "where"

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)