List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Wishes (was: Question for Kmail developers)
From:       John Califf <jcaliff () compuzone ! net>
Date:       2001-01-30 4:05:24

NightFlight wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, John Califf wrote:
>
> ]
> ] Observation on your observation.  This is not a "wishlist" item only,
> ] because it relates directly to kde development.  I need to be able to
>
> Oh, where would stuff like:
>
> I can't seem to compile
> make[3]: *** [kbzip2filter.la.closure] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kde/kdelibs-2.1-beta2/kio/bzip2'
>
> Best be directed...? I'm still stumped on it.

This is the right place to get answers if you are compiling from source
I'd think, but then again a lot of people here seem to be irritable
these days and will tell you to read the fucking manual.

I did RTFM and looked up the exit status of "make". Error 1 is this:

"The exit status is one is you use the -q flag and make determines that
some target
is not already up to date".  Doesn't make much sense to me, but an exit
code of 0 is success and an exit code of 2 is an error.  Evidently this
is some problem with the order in which things are made - to proceed
further make needs some dependency to first be built. You will have to
get somebody else who is more knowledgeable about the build process to
better answer your question, but I tried.  That may give them a place to
start.

Good luck.

John