List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdenonbeta question
From:       rik () kde ! org
Date:       2001-01-22 20:16:34

#if Bart Szyszka
> > > Because generally these programs are in an early stage of
> > > development and not just suitable for inclusion in the main
> > > release.
> > so they should be named kde-not-even-beta :)
> Why don't you guys make it kdeprebeta or something like
> that to indicate the order? I always think kdenonbeta means
> *after* beta as in good/stable because beta means bad/unstable.
> So nonbeta == non-bad/unstable.

Right. It's a confusing name, and I'm a native English speaker.

Before I was told, I thought it was apps that were post-beta, whatever
that might mean.

Perhaps we can just move the whole tree to another name, or create
an alias for it and use that from now on ? If there's a way to do
it without causing major distruption, IMO it should be done.

I think kde-pre-beta is an appropriate name. NOT kde-alpha.

Coolo ?

Rik