List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE2.1 which is in debian unstable gets really sloooowww after some time
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-12-21 20:03:42

On Thursday 21 December 2000 12:47, aleXXX wrote:
> On Thursday 21 December 2000 20:12, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> >> I'm using slackware 7 and a version of kde between 2.0 and 2.1.
> >> Sometimes it happens that konqy gets unusable slow.
> >> It happens that I simply view directories using the text view and it
> >> takes more than a second until konqy reacts to keypresses (up,down).
> >> This happens only _very_ seldom and I didn't find the way to reproduce
> >> it until now, the used memory stays normal.
> >
> >Could this be the clipboard problem that we have seen before?
> >
> >Cheers,
> >Waldo
>
> Can you please explain a bit ?

Ehm. No. I just know that applications sometimes sort of freeze due to bad
clipboard interaction. Only thing I can think of is that you attach gdb to
konqueror when the problem happens and look what it is doing at that time.

> I don't have klipper running, does this matter ?

No idea. klipper seems to trigger the problem more often, but I doubt that
klipper is the actual problem.

Cheers,
Waldo