List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Software Development from Russia! ($15-$20 per hour)
From:       John Califf <jcaliff () compuzone ! net>
Date:       2000-11-30 19:55:14

Vadim Plessky wrote:

> 30 ?????? 2000 07:20, John Califf ???????:
> |   mdnhsfjk@themail.com wrote:
> |   > Dear IT Manager:
> |   >
> |   > Please consider deploying our highly skilled off-shore programmers on
> |   > your e-commerce and software development projects. They develop
> |   > software for:
> |   >
> |   > ALL WINDOWS AND UNIX PLATFORMS
> |   >
> |   > databases, networks, and languages, plus Perl, Cold Fusion, WAP, XML,
> |   > Java, ASP, MS Access, SQL, CGI, Shopping Carts, and the Internet.
> |   > Typical rates are $15 to $20 per hour.
> |   >
> |   > They are fast, professional, inexpensive, cheap, and available
> |   > immediately. Please call me, or you may send me e-mail at:
> |   >
> |   > mdnhsfjk@themail.com
> |
> |   Onshore programmer will undercut your rates at $12.50/hour - and/or
> |   subcontract work at $5.50/hour to our underaged employees.  No IRS, no
> |   INS, cash and carry only.  Fake ID American Driver's License and
> |   Passport provided for all our workers! The are cheap, fast, reliable and
> |   hungry. Please contact mgr. at Sweatshop Industries, Limited.
> |
> Are you joking?
> All my friends who left Russia for you US, had starting salary from $45 000
> per year. Most of them now are on $70 000+.
> Everything depends on qualification and willingness to work.  :-)
>
> Boeing (aircraft producer) recently completed one project with software
> development in Russia, and was so satisfied that signed 7 more contracts.
> They received software they needed at 1/4 (25%) of the price they were paying
> in US.
>
> P.S. A lot of people from Russia work on MS SQL server. UltraSPARC chip for
> Sun was also developed here.
> --

It was a joke.  Surely you didn't take that seriously.  On the other
hand, Americans really can offer home-grown competition to inexpensive,
offshore labor.  I was not referring to Russians who move here to work,
who are paid competetively, so much as the use of cheap offshore labor
in the software industry generally. Everything certainly doesn't depend
on qualificatios and willingness to work; in fact very little does, but
that subject really is off-topic. Remeber you brought it up. And of
course everything was invented in Russia, including the sewing machine
and digital computer.

Anyway, all these comments (including mine) are just as offtopic as the
original spam.  Please do not repond to spam, flamebait or trolling on
this list.

your mamma