List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kiconedit - Klipper - Xerrors - Chema
From:       John Califf <jcaliff () compuzone ! net>
Date:       2000-11-27 21:11:49

Chema:

Attached is a log I get from running kiconedit > kiconedit.log 2>&1
from the command line.  Just "kiconedit" no full path name needed.
It's exactly like yours, the one that works fine.

This now seems to be pathing problem you are having, probably with
session management or an old session which crashed that kiconedit is
trying to resotore. I just did some research on

		KApplication::tempSaveName

to see where that error message is coming from. What seems to be
happening is that session management is kicking in and kiconedit is
trying to load the filename or a temporary file of a backup file from a
previous crash, but I removed all that buggy code a week ago, or thought
I did.  Nevertheless, Kde common code, namely KApplication, may be
looking in /tmp/ for an old tempSaveName to restore.  Try removing
anything in /tmp/ having to do with kiconedit. It would be something
like <username>-ft-back.xpm.  Substitute you real username. Or just any
xpm in /tmp/.  Also look in ~/autosave/ .  Remove any xpm's or other
files you've edited in kiconedit.  The path names look funny, slashes
reversed, etc., but this is for some fancy parsing KApplication does.

Well, at least now you know that kiconedit (the new version) works fine
even if in your case you have to specify the full path to the app. This
should be good news. If anyone else is having this problem please yell.
So far nobody but you has reported it (doesn't mean this is not
something about kiconedit and not your setup causing the problem).

John